Wednesday, February 26, 2014


Thanks to Jeff Ream www.thecounselinggeek.com and his contest sponsors, HOBSONS, Universal Technical Institute, SCOPE, and Dr. Trish Hatch I won the partial scholarship to ASCA! I had to create something new using technology that was out of my comfort zone.

I sent several days last week and through the weekend to complete a YouTube photo slideshow. Now, I know you're thinking if I can create this blog I should be able to create a YouTube photo slideshow with no problems, right? HA! Not even close! I was so frustrated that by Saturday night I said the heck with it and went to bed.

Being ever the school counselor I did just what the rest of you would have done I got back in the saddle and continued to work out the kinks. My biggest obstacle was my slow internet, oops I mean IS my slow internet. I had interruptions this time on top of my snail paced speed so I lost my work and had to start over. By the time Sunday afternoon rolled around I was so ready to submit and just be happy I did and wasn't thinking about winning at that point either. I was like the students, just do it and turn it in already!

So again thanks to Jeff and his sponsors for a great contest idea so more school counselors can attend ASCA! See y'all there!

HOBSONS




SCOPE






UNIVERSAL TECHNICAL INSTITUTE






Dr. Trish Hatch






Here is my video slideshow I created...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment